Friday, July 12, 2013

Wishes for Greece in and out


 Received this sandpo from Dimitra in response to my wishes for Greece.  Very haptic.  I wonder where the sand came from too. I have never been to Greece, and would love to one day.  We have a very good friend who lives in Athens and has a rural place too, on one of the isalnds, I think. We always mean to go, but haven't so far. I wrote to my friend and asked how things were in Greece, her country, and she said they were tough but down-played it in a way too.  I think you need to be in something to gauge it really... I love the stamps Dimitra chose. Good luck Greece!
 Sometimes I send things that I find difficult to let go of.  The piece that I sent to Dimitra was one of those. I liked the energy and the colour and the mysterious feel it gave me.  I was thinking about what I know of Greece and my friend Ourania when I made it, and it has my (for the moment) signature fused plastic.
I have also been experimenting with using clear injet labels over painted cards, recycled cards.  

No comments:

Post a Comment