Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Positively Postal encounters a parrot on a train


This is what positively postal said on Mailart365 where he posted this image:
Well, it's been nearly a whole year since I've posted anything up here but I am now making and sending mailart again as part of an exhibition I'm putting on at the end of this June (all mailart contributions greatly received and will be put on display) at a local gallery so while I may not reach the dizzy heights of sending a piece every day a la 365, here's a piece I made yesterday and sent off this morning.

It is based upon being on a train last week on the way to see youngest daughter perform in a dance show when all of a sudden I heard this voice say "hello! hello! hello!". At first I thought it was one of those unusual ringtones but then I saw this guy with his parrot in its cage, partially covered over, sitting opposite sort of telling it to behave/keep quiet. I got off at the next station so not sure if it was about to swear, all in all a rather unusual experience but resulted in this mailart!


No comments:

Post a Comment